CemDeck is specified and listed under CSI Division 3-03500 Cementitious Decks and Underlayment.
- UL & ULC classified for use in fire-rated construction (UL 723, Test for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials; UL 790, Test Methods for Fire Tests of Roof Coverings; and UL 263, Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials).
- Non-combustible per ASTM E136; 1 and 2 hour fire-rated floor assemblies.
- Zero flame spread and zero smoke development per ASTM E84.
- Structurally span rated, with UL listed floor assemblies
- STC rated assemblies per ASTM E413
- IIM rated assemblies per ASTM E989
- Factory sealed against water penetration.
- Minimal dimensional changes in temperature & moisture variations
- No food value to insects / vermin
- 71% Portland cement
- 19% mineralized cellulose fibers (derived from recycled cardboard cartons)
- 9% water
- 1% bonding agents.
- Available in 4’ x 8’ sheets
- Thicknesses 3/4”, 7/8” and 1”.
Product Brochure & Submittal Sheets
Specification & Certification
Building Code approvals
Fire-Rated Floor/Ceiling Assemblies (ASTM E-119)
The following examples are indicative of the fire-rated floor/ceiling assemblies which are available. Please contact us for more information.
Acoustic Performance (STC & IIM):
NYC Dept of Buildings, Materials & Equipment, Acceptance Division:
Weathering Test Reports
- USAP recommends 8 diameter minimum x applicable length, corrosion resistant screws with self-countersinking heads and self-drilling ‘Tek’ points. The length of the fastener should be a minimum of 2x the board thickness.
- For attaching 20mm (3/4″) Plycem Cem-Deck boards to steel framing (20 – 12 gauge)
- Grabber Part No. HS8158JBWG2 (#8 x 1-5/8″)
- Hilti PWH SD Cement Board Screw, No. 00372760 (#8 x 1-5/8″)
- ITW Buildex S-12 ‘Rock On’ No. 2159500 (#8 x 1-5/8″)
- Pro Twist Cement Board Fasteners
- Screw Fastener Pull-Out Test Report
Compounds, Sealers & Stains